I think I noticed a bug: when I turn off shot recaps, control never passes back to the other player (even if I foul).
A downloadable game
A two player pool game with an accurate physics engine, tight controls, and a groovy soundtrack!
Music by: Valkin
- Added 2.0 support with a fun animated icon.
- improved FPS when a lot of balls are moving.
- Fixed a super embarrassing bug that should've been fixed months ago, sorry!
- (The current player wouldn't swap if skip shot recaps was enabled.)
- Added the settings menu.
- Added a setting to change the shoot mode to toggle for sensitive buttons.
- Added a setting to skip unnecessary shot recaps.
- Added a fade animation in the shooting mode.
- Added autosaving, you can now pick your game back up where you left off!
- Fixed a bug where the cue ball would sometimes not place after it was scratched.
- It is now possible to also use left on the D-pad as opposed to A when shooting.
- Updated the help text to include D-pad left
- Fixed a bug where the cue ball could be hit after it was scratched.
- Removed buildNumber from pdxinfo, sorry if this causes issues!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
That is interesting, I would like to know more.
The only time it wouldn't switch would be post game.
This has been fixed, sorry for the delay!
Hi - love the game ! Would really like to have a single player mode - thanks !
I’m really enjoying the game but so bad at pool. Any chance of adding an ‘easy mode’ that would show the angle the ball you’re hitting will go in?
I've tried 3x now to sideload 1.2 into my Playdate and it never takes. Not having the same problem with other games. LOVE the game but would like to have the 1.2 features!
that’s weird, I have no clue why that would happen! If you haven’t yet, try sideloading via the simulator maybe?
Hope you can get it working!
So I'm clear.... No AI opponent?
yeah not currently, sorry. I want to add AI opponents at some point, but I am not sure if it will be too easy to beat!
Liking the game, BUT, is there anyway to not have a message pop up after every shot and you have to press B to go to the next shot? Ruins the flow of the game honestly. But it plays very nicely otherwise.
That is valid, I found myself pressing B immediately when the balls stop, but ill look into making it better in a later update!
V1.2 has a setting to skip unnecessary shot recaps.
Hope this makes your experience more fun!
It's pretty satisfying to use the crank to aim and shoot. Music is proper funky.
I don't know exactly what happened, but when scratching for the second time I was unable to set down the cue ball and had to reset. I haven't had the issue since.